Sunday, October 23, 2011

Newborn Photography

The ideal time to book a newborn session is in your 3rd trimester.  I only book a limited number of photo sessions each month and my schedule fills up quickly. If you are nearing your due date or just had a baby, please still contact me for current session openings. I love newborns and will do my best to fit you in!

I prefer to photograph newborns during their first few week of life after coming home from the hospital, or when your baby is between 10-12 days old. I think waiting a few days after the babies face fills out a bit and they are better able to tolerate not being swaddled is a good option, but every baby is different.


Your newborn session will take place in the comfort of your own home. I will look for the room in your home that has the best indirect natural light and set up my portable studio there. I bring all my newborn hats, baskets, blankets and props to every session! If you desire, I can also take some family and sibling portraits with your newborn. In the spring, summer and early fall, we can go outside and find some shaded areas in your yard for some outdoor portraits as well. Newborn sessions typically last about 1 hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment